Interested in joining our team? A position at Shawnee Vision Source is more than a job – it’s a rewarding and satisfying career.
- Do you work well as a team player or independently?
- Do you have a smiling face, great attitude and desire to help others?
- Do you have a strong background of excellent customer service and communication skills?
- Are you punctual, professional and have a strong work ethic?
- Are you dependable, a multi-tasker and self-starter?
- Are you detail oriented and organized?
- Are you a fast paced learner with great computer skills?
- Do you have dependable transportation?
- Can work any time from 730am to 6pm, M-F? (hours vary by location/position)
If so we are looking for you!
*SUBMIT RESUME ONLINE @ https://appx.wheniwork.com/hire/jobs/visionsource-tvs-svs/446e004f-6ac0-4ca8-b9f7-3a58ca013eee
NO PHONE CALLS
Check out our latest employment opportunities below. If you think you’d make a valuable addition to the team, don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to meeting you!
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Adhere to schedule, monitoring patient activity to insure smooth flow and timely visits.
- Provide a friendly greeting to patients.
- Obtain patient history
- Perform pre-exam diagnostics not limited to (Visual Fields, Visual Acuities, Tonometry, automated Blood Pressure), and perform accurate and consistent documentation in EHR (electronic health records).
- Assisting doctors during examinations.
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam and testing rooms and equipment.
- Perform contact lens insertion and removal training.
- Order and maintain supplies and pharmaceuticals needed by doctors.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s exam lane and pre-test room.
- Ensure equipment (both Doctors and pre-test) is properly maintained.
- Participate in regularly scheduled mandatory communication meetings to keep informed of changes in office.
- Perform Digital Retinal Imaging, OCT Scans, and Visual Field Testing
- Obtain patient information over a phone or in person then perform accurate and consistent documentation in EHR (electronic health records).
- Answering phones, scheduling appointments, directing calls within office
- Primary Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening
- Strong background of excellent customer service and communication skills (1-2 yrs. customer service preferred)
- Smiling face, great attitude and desire to help others
- Dependable, self-starter and high-level ability to multitask
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Team Player with the ability to work independently with little to no direction
- Punctual, professional and have a strong work ethic
- Fast-paced learner with great computer skills
- Consistent access to dependable transportation
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- Annual Complimentary Eye Care and Eyewear for employee
- Significant Eye Care and Eyewear discounts for immediate family members
- 401K with employer matching percentage
- Monthly Bonus Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- No Weekends
- Competitive Pay based on Experience
- Employer paid education and certification opportunities