Interested in joining our team? A position at Shawnee Vision Source is more than a job – it’s a rewarding and satisfying career.
- Do you work well as a team player or independently?
- Do you have a smiling face, great attitude and desire to help others?
- Do you have a strong background of excellent customer service and communication skills?
- Are you punctual, professional and have a strong work ethic?
- Are you dependable, a multi-tasker and self-starter?
- Are you detail oriented and organized?
- Are you a fast paced learner with great computer skills?
- Do you have dependable transportation?
- Can work any time from 730am to 6pm, M-F? (hours vary by location/position)
If so we are looking for you!
*SUBMIT RESUME ONLINE @ https://hire.wheniwork.com/jobs/visionsource-tvs-svs/828a83b2-60cf-4a48-9e8c-70519a7ff4e9
NO PHONE CALLS
Check out our latest employment opportunities below. If you think you’d make a valuable addition to the team, don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to meeting you!
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide a friendly atmosphere for patients
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients’ vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coating, and frames to suit client needs.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Mesure clients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Sell goods such as contact lenses, spectacles, sunglasses, and other goods related to eyes in general.
- Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color to ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
- Determine clients’ current lens prescriptions, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzers and clients’ eyeglasses.
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Instruct clients in how to wear and care for eyeglasses.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses and fitting the lenses into frames.
- Order and purchase frames and lenses.
- Obtain a customer’s previous record or verify a prescription with the examining optometrist or ophthalmologist.
- Repair damaged frames.
- Verify patient insurance coverage and benefits
- File claims to insurance for reimbursement on behalf of the patient
- Perform administrative duties such as racking inventory and sales, answering phone calls, booking appointments, and performing simple bookkeeping.
- Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening
- Strong background of excellent customer service and communication skills (1-2 yrs. customer service preferred)
- Smiling face, great attitude and desire to help others
- Dependable, self-starter and high-level ability to multitask
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Team Player with the ability to work independently with little to no direction
- Punctual, professional and have a strong work ethic
- Fast-paced learner with great computer skills
- Consistent access to dependable transportation
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- Annual Complimentary Eye Care and Eyewear for employee
- Significant Eye Care and Eyewear discounts for immediate family members
- 401K with employer matching percentage
- Monthly Bonus Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- No Weekends
- Competitive Pay based on Experience
- Employer paid education and certification opportunities